The transformation of global procurement - with sustainability as an integral part - requires the coordination, preparation and implementation of numerous initiatives.
What you'll do
- You will support the Procurement Excellence & Analytics department in the development of our sustainability agenda as well as the elaboration of strategic sustainability approaches along our supply chain regarding environmental, social and economic issues
- With your expertise, you will contribute to the decarbonization of our global supply chains and support Knauf in developing resilient supply chains in line with existing and expected social, environmental and regulatory requirements
- You will work at the interface with other corporate departments (CSR, R&D, Production, IT, Tax, Legal) and coordinate cross-functional implementation with other procurement functions to achieve holistic sustainability goals
- You drive the expansion and further development of sustainable operations processes, e.g., energy management, circular economy, life cycle assessment / carbon footprint calculation
- By leading sub-projects including the implementation of individual work packages, you will contribute to the anchoring of sustainability approaches in our supply chain (tier-1 to tier-n suppliers)
- You support internal and external change and communication activities along different communication channels
- Your further tasks include the planning, preparation and implementation of workshops as well as the preparation of reports and presentations
Who you are
- You have several years of professional experience in an internationally corporate environment, management consultancy or NGO
- You have in-depth knowledge of current sustainability challenges and their implications for complex supply chains of industrial companies
- You are a team player and have diplomatic skills and good handling of conflict situations
- You have high analytical and problem-solving skills in combination with an independent way of working
- You are fluent in English, intercultural competence and willingness to travel internationally are a matter of course for you
- You have a successfully completed university degree in the field of economics, environmental management, sustainability management or comparable fields of study
- You have experience in project management, an additional project management certification such as Prince2, PMI, SCRUM is an advantage
- Additional certifications in the area of sustainability are beneficial
What we offer
- a truly open and dynamic corporate culture
- Autonomy and the opportunity to act like an entrepreneur within our organization
- Support in your professional development in order to pursue your long-term career goals – worldwide
- flexible working times
- hybrid work model - possibility to work from home office
- Catering in our employee canteen
Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international family-owned group of companies in the building materials industry. With around 40,000 employees at over 300 production sites worldwide, we generate annual sales of around 12.5 billion euros. The basis for the success of the family-owned company is formed by the values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit.
Knauf Gips KG is a world-leading company in the development and manufacturing of high-quality system solutions for interior finishing and facade design.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, origin, religion, etc.